- Why should I form an LLC?
- How long will it take to form my LLC?
- What should I name my LLC?
- How does Becker Law charge for LLC setup?
- How does Becker Law’s LLC formation process work?
- Won’t LegalZoom or any similar online service charge less than you to form my LLC?
Q: Why should I form an LLC?
Some of the many benefits of forming an LLC include:
- Limiting personal liability. If your business causes damage or loss to someone else, your personal assets will be protected.
- You could see a tax benefit through keeping your company income and expenses separate from your personal income and expenses.
- Better relationships between you and the other founders of your company. Issues concerning decision-making, company ownership, and owner responsibilities are usually addressed in formation documents such as LLC operating agreements. Because company founders have to address these issues and others in the business setup process, they’re less likely to have conflicts that could adversely affect the company.
Q: How long will it take to form my LLC?
The time it takes to form an LLC varies. However, it typically takes 3-4 weeks from the filing date. If you elect S Corporation status for your LLC, this may add time because of IRS processing. For an additional filing fee, you can request expedited processing to shorten these periods.
Q: What should I name my LLC?
What name you can or should choose for your LLC depends on what your marketing or personal goals are for your LLC. But it also depends on the naming requirements of your particular state, including whether there are competitors with similar names.
Q: How does Becker Law charge for LLC setup?
LLC formation services are provided on a flat-fee basis and cover everything you need to form your LLC (except government filing fees).
Q: How does Becker Law’s LLC formation process work?
Once you’ve chosen to form your LLC with Becker Law, we’ll send you an LLC Formation Questionnaire about your business. After you’ve completed this questionnaire, we’ll use the information to begin forming your LLC. We’ll file all required paperwork with the Secretary of State, obtain your Employer Identification Number (EIN), and prepare your LLC formation documents (e.g., the LLC Operating Agreement and other required documents). For your convenience, we can also set ourselves up as your LLC’s agent for service of process for additional fee.
Q: Won’t LegalZoom or any similar online service charge less than you to form my LLC?
Perhaps. But using Legal Zoom or any similar online service to form your LLC can be risky and end up costing you more in the long run. For example, Legal Zoom and similar online services don’t provide legal advice. In addition, sometimes business owners have to hire an attorney to redo work the online service was supposed to do, at an additional expense. Forming your LLC is one of the key steps in starting your business. So, making sure that the job is done right the first time is important, even if it costs a little more.